When touring potential venues for your big day, it is important to get the most out of your visit. With all of the excitement of finding your dream venue, you might totally forget what you wanted to ask, so we’re making a list of questions for you. It is important to know certain factors before seeing a space, to make sure it lines up with your list of needs, so you don’t waste time seeing a space that just isn’t going to work. To ensure that this doesn’t happen, we’ve crafted a list of some helpful questions to ask as well as what you should know going into the tour to make sure the venue is a good fit for you.
What should I know before setting up a site visit?
- Consider how many guests you’re planning to invite. Can the venue accommodate that number?
- What dates are available in the month I’m considering.
- Depending on the time of year, make sure the venue offers AC/heat so you and your guests will be comfortable.
- What is the rental fee? Does this fit within your budget?
- Are there in-house vendors that the venue requires you to use?
- Is the venue easy to get to? You want to make sure your guests won’t be lost! Or budget for transportation.
- Is there an on-location space to host your ceremony?
What questions should you ask at the walk through?
- Is the venue handicap accessible? Is there an elevator?
- Is there a bridal suite or getting ready space?
- Is there power on-site?
- Does the venue have any in-house rentals included?
- If there is in-house food/beverage, is there a minimum?
- What is the noise ordinance?
- Any rules or stipulations on how the venue can be decorated?
- If at an outdoor venue, what are the possible back up plans for rain?
- Are there bathrooms on-site?
- Where do guests park?
We hope these questions help you to be prepared when venue searching, and that you are able to find the venue of your dreams!